Friday, November 18, 2005

Mmm...real italian pizza by the seaside




My husband and I ate at this great pizza joint, Francesco's, in Flagler Beach, Florida this past weekend. We had the eggplant pizza. It was like eggplant parmesan on a crust.

This restaurant is very interesting in that it is in two-parts: the larger dining room/kitchen features up-scale Italian cuisine, while the small pizza joint is just that, small and a joint (however, I LOVED IT!).

The joint is a quaint storefront that consists of a small counter with two barstools, behind which the pizza Don throws and handles the dough before topping it and sliding it into a very hot oven. Also inside is a cooler with beer and sodas and three booths. On the "porch" in front of the store are two more "open-air" booths, which is where we elected to sit. The place is so small, if you need to use a restroom, you must go to the "fancy" part of Francesco's next-door.

Again, the pizza was awesome, as can be seen here -- I was well into my second piece before I could stop to take a picture. If you ever make it to the East Coast of Florida, check this place out!

Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Florida Girl!

I like your blog! And the pizza looks good-- should I take the Italian to Francesco's?

Here's a link for something that you might like for your Florida Girl Creations:

http://www.charmwoven.com/

I am thinking of ordering some myself.

I don't know how on earth you have time to blog, but I've got you bookmarked, and I hope you'll keep it up. :)

LaLiz (another Florida girl)