Thursday, December 15, 2005

'Tis the season for cookies, dog cookies!


I made Pooches' Peanut Butter Cookies on Tuesday (12/13) night. I like this recipe because it is simple, all natural, and pretty healthy for the dogs. My husband and I only buy all-natural dog biscuits for our doggies, but this time of the year, I make them for our dogs and to give to doggie friends. They have received the Discriminating Canine's Four Paws of Approval.

Here is the recipe:

Pooches’ Peanut Butter Cookies

2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup peanut butter (I used all-natural so I had to add a bit more oil and another ¼ cup water)
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine flour, wheat germ and salt in large bowl.
Mix in peanut butter, egg oil and water.
Roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface till about 1/2 inch thick
Cut out the cookies using a cookie cutter (I use a dog bone shaped cutter given to me by my MIL. It is rather large, so this year I added a small gingerbread person, star, and Christmas tree for those being given to dogs smaller than ours.)
Put the cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet (I used my Silpat – works fine as always). Bake 15 mins for the smaller sized cookies and up to 35 mins. for larger shaped ones. Store in the fridge as they have no preservatives ...if they last that long!!!!!!!!!

Here are two of the lucky recipients of this year's PB Cookies -- our dogs, of course!


Sprite is on the left.
Rosco is on the right.

No comments: